Here at Berkshire Christian Preschool, we are “Growing kids with the love of Christ: Spiritually, Academically, Socially, and Emotionally.”
We offer bright and cheery classrooms that welcome your child, age 2.9 – 5 years, to explore, learn, play and grow in a loving and safe Christian environment. We begin each day at 8:30 am and offer three different dismissal times for your convenience, ending the day at 3:00 pm.
Our Program offers:
- Weekly themes
- Separate Circle Time for 2’s and 3’s , and 4’s and 5’s
- Bible stories, pledges, songs and scripture memory
- Centers for art, science, housekeeping, block building, and pretend play
- Letterland – pre-reading and writing skills
- Large and fine motor skills and manipulative development
- Interactive play and movement
- Behavior and manners teaching
- Godly character traits and values
- Letters, shapes, colors, numbers and opposites
- Indoor/outdoor playground time
We use a thematic based Bible curriculum called Scripture Bites which incorporates a weekly theme with a Bible story. For example, in the spring, with our Gardens and Plants theme we will focus on the story of Creation and how God made a beautiful garden for Adam and Eve. We then integrate our Bible learning into math, science, language, cooking, art, music, and more. It’s hands-on Bible learning that’s fun and appropriate for preschool development.
For Language we use a curriculum called Letterland which introduces letters simply and naturally, with entertaining stories and characters to help children become instantly aware of the way letters look and sound. We use multi-sensory experiences to bring the alphabet to life with stories, songs, fingerplays, large and small motor activities, and writing.
If you would like to come and tour our facility with your child, you may do so by calling us directly at (413) 637-2446. We would be happy to answer any questions and set up a time for your visit.